Frequently Asked Questions
Move Daily Health Coaching is for people of all ages and walks of life: from aspiring to professional athletes and from young to senior alike, all seeking a higher quality of life. You’re an excellent candidate for Move Daily Coaching if you fall under any of the following criteria:
- You want your body to be as healthy as possible, and living pain-free is a true priority
- You’ve been dealing with an injury or nagging pain and cannot find a solution
- You are preparing for a surgery or recovering from one and have been cleared for activity
- You’re looking to take your performance to the next level
- You are ready and willing to dedicate time to taking care of you
- You have hEDS or HSD and are seeking self-led management strategies to improve quality of life and function
Our passion is to help people live confidently within their own bodies, so if you need a hand finding this freedom, we can help.
We have combined backgrounds in kinesiology, biomechanics, human kinetics, exercise physiology, education, strength coaching, and personal training. Because of this, we service clients along the spectrum from exercise as medicine to high performance.
We are experts in exercise prescription and movement coaching and act to complement any work you may be doing with a hands-on practitioner such as a physio, chiro, Osteo, or RMT. Our skillset and expertise lies in being eyes-on versus the hands-on care you’ll get from other allied health care practitioners.
Our scope of practice is broader than that of a conventional personal trainer whose focus is largely on accountability and fitness development. While those are aspects of what we do and we do engage in exercise training sessions based on your needs and goals, we have the skillset to keep serving you through health challenges and high performance goals alike.
A Health Coach is a professional who considers all aspects of an individual’s lifestyle to help them achieve their health and performance goals. Move Daily Health Coaches provide a variety of services to help care for all aspects of health including:
- Movement coaching (includes personal training and movement therapy sessions): In-person or online coaching to fine-tune movement strategies and teach skills appropriate to the individual on daily management, exercise techniques, and recovery tools alike.
- Consultations: These sessions focus on discussions to problem solve daily pain, habit changes, sleep problems, or accountability with health related behavioural change techniques.
- Programming: Monthly training prescriptions and guidelines individualized per client to include all aspects of their movement from daily self-care to conditioning, gym training, and recovery.
- Nutrition coaching: Dietary recommendations and habit-building based on individual needs and lifestyle.
- Lifestyle advice within consultations or movement coaching: Recommendations on sleep, stress-management, breath work, self-care, hydration, recovery strategies, travel, and more may be brought up within other sessions when relevant.
- Ongoing plan adjustments and feedback: This is where Move Daily truly sets itself apart. We assess our clients and create tailored plans for each individual, but we also understand that life happens and things change. As such, we are always in communication with our clients and adjusting on the fly as necessary.
Health Coaching starts with either a one-on-one consultation or a movement assessment appointment to get all clients started. Whether you’re trying to manage an injury or health condition, increase performance, resolve digestive discomfort or simply improve your health across the board, a Move Daily Health Coach will create an individualized plan for you and support you day-to-day through the process.
hEDS and HSD are connective tissue disorders, caused by defects in collagen formation, resulting in hyperextensible skin, tissues, and joints. Both can be multisystemic in nature whereby the impact is not limited strictly to joint hypermobility or musculoskeletal problems.
Move Daily is striving to bring greater attention to managing hypermobility as seen in both hEDS or HSD. Chronic pain, acute injuries, anxiety, depression, digestive upset, high stress, kinesiophobia, and loss of quality of life are among the few things that can impact someone with hEDS or HSD. Treatment and management are generally focused on preventing severe complications, managing pain, and retaining or improving quality of life. However, effective exercise prescriptions and coaching relies on having a good understanding of the syndromes multi systemic impacts and the individuality with which it shows up as there is no one-size-fits-all approach to management.
Nothing contained within this site replaces medical advice or offers a diagnosis: we are sharing professional and personal experiences and strategies in working with hypermobile populations and encouraging discussion to bring further awareness to hEDS and HSD.
Freyja’s coaching and consultations for people with hEDS and HSD. Her coaching places great emphasis on self-management from managing flares, identifying cyclical patterns, pain and stress management, improving proprioception to stabilize joints as well as creating accessible daily strategies to improve longterm outcomes.
Move Daily services clients from across the globe, and as such, much of our coaching is done remotely including support for local clients who cannot get in to see us in person frequently. How do we coach so effectively from a distance?
- We have trained our coaching eye for years and adapted for both online and in person cueing.
- We require at least some synchronous sessions with clients so that we can learn how your body moves, picks up cueing, stabilizes, and so that we can troubleshoot in real time with you.
- We send and request a lot of videos! From assessments and coaching cues, to mobility homework and training videos, we often communicate via video to further your skill development.
- Further to the above, we request that clients following programming provide us with as much movement footage as possible to help ensure movement is sound and the program is still reflective of your capacity.
- We connect with clients on a regular basis via phone or video-chat to follow-up on workouts and recovery, and to provide online coaching for lifestyle and nutrition factors.
- We believe that communication is incredibly important to the coaching process, and remain in close contact with our clients via sessions, email, and shared programming sheets.
Move Daily Health Coaches lead by example in prioritizing self-care and counterbalance: With remote online Health Coaching, you get a coach who is readily available to give you feedback and accountability to reach your goals.
Move Daily Health Coaches work with people of all ages. We have worked with teenagers, seniors, and everyone in between. If your goal is to improve your health, performance, or quality of living, our coaching is right for you.
Move Daily Health Coaches have been in the health and fitness industry for over 40 years collectively. This combined wealth of experience extends from working in a variety of environments from Sports Clinics, Education, Private Studios, independent training with industry experts, involvement in academia and is what truly sets Move Daily apart. Move Daily Health Coaches also hold a variety of cross-industry certifications (list is not exhaustive and not all coaches hold each designation, please see their bios for more information):
- Registered Kinesiologist
- Honours BSc Degrees in Physical Education & Human Kinetics
- Masters of Professional Kinesiology
- CPTS (Canfitpro Personal Training Specialist)
- CPR & AED Certified
- Animal Flow Master Instructors
- Certified Running Specialist
- Barefoot Training Specialists
- Functional Range Systems: FR Assessment (FRA), Conditioning (FRC), Internal Strength Model (FRS-ISM)
- Strong First Level 1
- PN Level 1 Nutrition Coaching
- PN Level 2 Master Nutrition Coaching
- ISI Functional Nutrition
- DNS Exercise I
- Former DTS Kettlebell Fundamental & Advanced Instructors
- DTS Level 1 Instructor
- Low Back Fundamentals
- Healing Touch Level 1
If you would like to speak to past or current clients and employers to get personal feedback on their experiences, we are always happy to connect you!
Initial consultations are $110 and Movement Assessments are each a one-time fee of $145 plus applicable taxes. Based on the initial assessment, all further coaching frequency, programming, or calls are determined by you based on our recommendations tailored to each individual client’s needs to create the structure for personal success.
No- many of our clients do not belong to gyms or studios. Our sessions and programming are designed in accordance with your goals, needs, and lifestyle: if this doesn’t include having access to (or wanting) a gym, that’s ok!
For clients seeing us in person at Fortis Fitness East in Toronto, they do not need to have a membership to the gym while in session with any one of us.
Absolutely! Move Daily coaches strive to create programs that take into consideration all your lifestyle factors, hobbies, sports, and recovery needs.
With all factors accounted for, we can adjust your plan to suit your needs and can better provide feedback on volume, recovery, and even travel or work movement demands to ensure you’re not overtraining or at risk of injury.
In short, no!
Acquiring new skills and habits take time and practice. Although we do not have a requisite number of sessions or months in order to sign up for coaching, we do recommend considering a 3-month commitment to new practices. Those 3 months could include 3 sessions or 12 or anything in between, that’s up to you and your coach! Embracing practice for at least 3 months allows for acquisition of skills, troubleshooting movements or habits, and building confidence with new strategies. However, the fit has to be right for you and you always retain autonomy on how long you choose to work with us.
Whether you’re seeing us in person or working with us remotely, any plan will be tailored to fit your needs. Our recommendation is to meet with us for an assessment and together we can determine from there what the best approach will be for you.
Have more questions? Contact us…
Contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form to get in touch